Tuesday, April 6, 2010

News, News, News

The first exciting bit of news for the day is that my book, No Chaser, is available at Micawber's Books in St. Paul. The store is located right by Cleveland and Como for those of you who have not been there. Be sure to check it out before all copies are gone. I hope that they place it next to Nikki Giovanni's newest book. Her book will be on the new arrivals table too, and Giovanni and Hackett are pretty dang close alphabetically--this would be a wonderful turn of events.

The next is item to attend to is future news: I've just started work on a collection of short stories told from the perspective of a man named Walter Morgan. He's going through his old photo albums and telling his life story in short pieces. I've been spending a lot of time with this fictional gentleman recently and am excited to finish more and more of his stories. A couple of these pieces will be included in the upcoming S&P anthology, so look for them there.

And finally, be sure you show up to Groundswell Coffee on April 16th for the next Skull and Poems reading. I'll be there with music from the Porter Twins, and readings from Caitlin Ray and Eric Whalen. I'll reading some new stuff and some of my favorite old pieces. I felt like my last reading was a C+, so I really want to go out there and give a phenomenal reading this time around. Of course, the last reading we gave was a great success due to fantastic performances from Caitlin, Eric and Jordan, but this time, I need to make sure I bring my best stuff to the table too. Can't let them carry all the readings while I'm dragging ass and falling flat. I'm excited for next Friday's reading--this time, it's personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment